This is a hearty easy dish, perfect for winter, leftovers taste even better the next day!
3 cups sliced Brussel sprouts
1 cups sliced Yukon gold potatoes
½ medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
2 tsp fresh thyme
½ tsp dried sage or 1 tsp fresh
¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 eggs, beaten (1/2 cup)
¾ cup almond milk original unsweetened
½ cup rice cheddar cheese
3 slices bacon cooked and diced (1/4 cup cooked)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees:
1. Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp, set aside on paper towel to drain and cool.
2. Sauté onion in large frying pan with 2 Tbs olive oil until wilted, add sliced potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
3. Add herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer to 8×8 inch baking pan.
5. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Pour over Brussels sprouts mixture.
6. Cut bacon into ½” pieces and scatter over casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until center is no longer wet.