Foods that Support Your Immune System
- Wild Caught Salmon – high in Omega 3
- Green Super-Foods have the highest concentration of digestible nutrients, vitamins and minerals. These include dark leafy greens like kale, collard greens, broccoli, spinach and super-greens such as wheatgrass and barley grass for example.
- Beans – chili red beans are one of the best as well as lentils.
- Whole Grains – quinoa which is a complete protein and gluten free. Barley and oats
- are among the others.
Garlic and Onion: , garlic is an absolute champion as a natural antibiotic for boosting the immune system.
- Besides being rich in antioxidants and selenium, garlic is antibacterial and antiviral and antifungal.
- Green and White Teas are both high in antioxidants.
- Fruits – kiwi (highest in Vitamin C) ALL berries (high in antioxidants) especially blueberries, pomegranate and avocados. Super-fruits like mangosteen juice, goji, acai and cacao are the highest in antioxidants.
- Nuts and Seeds– almonds and walnuts are some of the best. Super-seeds include flaxseed, hemp and chia seeds.
- Bee Food (pollen, honey, jelly) Native Russian beekeepers who regularly lived past 100 years of age ate raw honey, rich in bee pollen, every day.
- Seaweeds (sea vegetables) – hiziki, wakame, kombu (kelp), arame, nori, etc. are the most nutritionally dense plants on the planet containing up to 10 times more calcium than milk and eight times as much as beef. The chemical composition of seaweeds is so close to human blood plasma, that perhaps their greatest benefit is regulating and purifying our blood system. Contact Suzanne for more information about seaweeds.
- Herbs and Spices – turmeric, curcumin, rosemary, cinnamon, capsicum found in peppers, aloe vera, ginseng, Echinacea and nettle to name just a few. Herbs as medicine are essentially body balancers that work with the body functions so the body can heal and regulate itself.
- Fermented Foods and Probiotics –Your body contains ten times more bacteria than cells pathogenic bacteria and fungi, but also they trigger appropriate white cell reactions to invaders and they influence your mental/emotional state. It’s estimated that 70-80% of your immune system starts in your gut. Yogurts, kefir and fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi, sourdough breads, unpasteurized vinegar or acidophilus supplements for extra probiotic support.