Premade pie shells
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbs. fresh thyme, minced (1 tsp dried)
2 cups fresh spinach
4 eggs, beaten
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup feta cheese crumbled
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. sea salt
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium size frying pan, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add thyme halfway through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Chop washed spinach into small pieces. In the same pan, add more olive oil and sauté spinach until wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Add to onions.
4. In a small bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, Parmesan, feta mustard, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Pour into tartlet shells being sure not to overfill. Top with thinly sliced tomato.
5. Bake 45-60 minutes or until filling is set. Allow to cool before cutting.