Salmon Asparagus Quiche
Dairy free and gluten free and yummy!
1 premade gluten free pie crust
¼ lb. wild caught salmon
¼ fresh lemon, juiced
Dash of garlic powder
½ cup blanched asparagus, cut into ½ inch pieces
½ cup green peas
1 Tbs olive oil or butter
½ cup red onion, minced
6 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup original unsweetened almond milk
½ tsp dill, dried
½ tsp thyme, dried
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper, ground
2 Tbs parsley, fresh, minced
1 cup shredded rice mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 and bake pie shell for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
2. Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place in a baking pan and bake in the oven for 8-10 or until salmon just begins to flake. Salmon should still be very moist. Remove and set aside to cool. Flake into small bite size pieces.
3. In a small pot, bring water to boil and blanch asparagus pieces for 1 minute. Remove, drain and cool. Do the same for green peas and set aside to cool.
4. In a small frying pan, preheat 1 Tbs of butter or olive oil and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, milk, dill, thyme, salt, pepper, parsley and onion. Now add peas and asparagus. Slowly pour this mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 325 for 40 minutes. Increase heat to 375 and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove and cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.